Curriculum vitae for Sine Lo Svenningsen
Combines techniques from molecular biology, genetics, growth physiology and mathematical modelling to address fundamental questions in gene regulation, especially concerning RNA-centered regulatory mechanisms. Strive to always put the study of detailed molecular mechanisms into the context of the behavior of the bacterial population as a whole
2008: Ph.D. Molecular biology, Princeton University, USA
2005: M.A. Molecular biology, Princeton University, USA.
2003: Cand.Scient. Biology, UCPH, Denmark.
2001: B.Sc. Biology, UCPH, Denmark.
- 2012-current: Associate Professor, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2009-2012: FREJA tenure-track fellow, Dept. of Biology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2008: Postdoctoral fellow, Dept. of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Canada, laboratory of Dr. Thien-Fah Mah
- 2004-2008: PhD-student, Dept. of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, USA, laboratory Prof. Bonnie Bassler.
- 2001-2002: Employed as Visiting Scientist at the National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA, laboratory of Dr. Sankar Adhya.
- Editorial Board member for Nature’s Scientific Reports
- Danish RNA Society, member of the board. 2016-current
- Danish Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Member of the board 2010-2013.
- Member of the Strategic Research Committee of the Dept. of Biology, UCPH. 2012-2016.