Marine Biology Specialisation
The Marine Biological Specialisation offers you the opportunity to study a wide range of marine biological topics. The mandatory course Marine Biology (15 ECTS) gives you a comprehensive knowledge of the different scientific topics included in the specialisation.
Through the “restricted elective subject elements” (see below) you can shape your marine biological specialization to reflect your personal interest. You have to choose restricted elective subject elements equivalent to 30 ECTS out of the in total 120 ECTS offered.
The restricted elective subject element “Project outside the course scope” allows you to do an experimental project reflecting your own interest. Besides this, you have the opportunity to choose elective courses equivalent to 15 ECTS.
Elective courses are all courses offered at the University of Copenhagen. You should notice that this includes above mentioned restricted elective subject elements.
Restricted elective subjects elements:
- Protists - Eukaryotic Microbiology (7.5 ECTS)
- The Biology of Fish (7.5 ECTS)
- Methodology and Sampling in Environmental Management (7.5 ECTS)
- Marine Microbiology and Virology (7.5 ECTS)
- Sensory Biology (7.5 ECTS)
- Experimental Design and Statistical Methods in Biology (StatBio) (7.5 ECTS)
- Applied Phycology (7.5 ECTS)
- Animal Morphology (from Sea Sponges to Vertebrates) (7.5 ECTS)
- Arctic Biology (7.5 ECTS)
- Freshwater Ecology (7.5 ECTS)
- VVM i praksis (7.5 ECTS)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (7.5 ECTS)
- Marine Faunistics: Biology and Systematics of Marine Fish and Invertebrates (7.5 ECTS)
- Arctic Field Course (7.5 ECTS)
- Project outside the course scope (7.5 ECTS)